Many programming languages are being used by developers in the corporate world then why python becomes essential to learn in this decade. The whole article is written about how the language is useful for all kinds of developers without seeing that he or she is a web developer, software developer, or odoo developer.
So let’s get started
What is Python?
Python is created by Guido Van Rossum who is a dutch programmer in 1991. Python is interpreted, high-level, and general-purpose programming language. It supports many programming paradigms like functional programming, object-oriented programming. It emphasizes code readability. By python, developers can build small and large scale projects very quickly.
Python is an interpreted language, unlike Java which is both interpreted as well as compiler-based language. Python compiles its code line by line and generates errors until it is raised an error at a particular line. Python also supports a garbage collector that runs automatically behind the code.
Why Python is an object-oriented programming language?
The language which supports the following features is known as an object-oriented programming language. Python supports all of the concepts which are explained below.
- Inheritance: You can use your parent class functionality in child classes and increase the code usability.
- Polymorphism: You can use the same function for multiple tasks. In python, it can be achieved by functional positional and non-positional parameters.
- Abstraction: By abstraction, you can hide your data but if you can share that data with the functions of the particular class.
- Encapsulations: You can store data and its related methods in one unit or class.
Because of the all concepts python makes itself an object-oriented programming language. There are many other features of python that make it very easy, versatile, and portable.
What are the features of python which make it versatile?
Python has lots of features that make it so useful, easier, and versatile. So let’s see one by one.
- Interpreted Language: As above, It is interpreted language so it interprets the code line by line at a time and raised errors until it gets. Debugging becomes easier and more suitable for those people or students who are new to Python programming.
- Object-oriented Language: As we discussed above, it is an object-oriented programming language so learning python becomes so easy who knows object-oriented concepts already. They directly adopt this language and becomes familiar in a short duration of time.
- Built-in Library support: Built-in libraries make python so affluent that python can be used in every area of development. Python has enormous library sets of every development field like Machine-learning, System-Administration, web-development, game-development, software-development, GUI-development, web-scraping, and remaining large and small development area. So let’s see which libraries are used for each development area.
- web-development: Django, Flask, Pyramid, Bottle. Tornado, Web2py
- GUI-development: Tkinter, PyGObject, PyQt, PySide, Kivy, WxPython
- Software-development: Buildbot, Trac, Roundup
- Machine-Learning: Numpy, Scipy, Scikit-learn, Theano, TensorFlow, Keras, PyTorch, Pandas, Matplotlib.
- System-administration: Ansible, Salt, Openstack.
- Easy to learn: Python is the easiest language to learn. It is developer-friendly and more readable. Its syntaxes are too easy to use. You can write big logic in a very small no. of lines in python. Its small syntaxes are saving developers’ time and easy to write and more understandable.
- Portability: Python runs on different kinds of operating systems like windows, Linux, Macintosh(mac), Unix so everyone can use it. If in future or on-demand you can switch the os and still you can work the same as the old operating system in python.
- Free and open-source: The main thing is it is free and open-sourced. Because of open-sourced you can see its code and documentation at its main address on the internet.
- GUI development supports: Python also supports GUI development. As discussed above it has six different kinds of libraries that are going to help you to develop GUI based applications.
- Integration: Python can be integrated with other programming languages like C, C++, JAVA, Delphy, Fortran, Lisp, Prolog, C#, PHP, etc. Cython, Pyrex, CXX(improved version of Pyrex) are useful modules for integration for C and C++. ctypes, which is a python module allowing to create and manipulate C data types in Python.
- High-level language: Python is a high-level language so we do not need to remember the system architecture. we have no deal with memory-related operations in the backend.
- Dynamically-typed language: Python is a dynamically-typed language. It means that we do not need to declare a variable type during creating a variable or direct assigning values to a variable. Python will automatically decide at runtime that which kind of value is assigned to object like integer, float, boolean, or string. Integer, Float, String, Boolean are objects in the language.
What are the applications of Python?
- GUI-Development: TKinter is a module which is used to develop GUI for python based application. Kivi module is more popular to develop multitouch applications based on python. These modules make development rapidly with extensive functionalities.
- Scientific and Numeric: Scipy is a module in python which is useful for scientific calculations, engineering tasks, etc.
- Machine-learning: In today’s world machine-learning is becoming the most popular and demanded job in the industry. It can be achieved by many modules as written above section in python.
- Data-Science: Python supports excel functionalities and possess the special module related to the excel named as OpenPYXL module. Python possesses a NumPy module for working with huge data, Matplotlib for data-visualization, Bokeh for scalable data-visualization, etc.
- Other applications: Python is useful for developing enterprise applications, software development, ERP(Enterprise Resource Planning) software that is useful to manage the business processes and make it easy to handle all operations in the industry. Python is also useful in image-processing, multimedia applications too. Python language is being used by almost all tech-giant companies like – Google, Amazon, Facebook, Instagram, Dropbox, Uber, etc.
In the end, python is going to be very useful in this decade. In upcoming articles, we will dive into python programming with very basic code. We hope that it would be helpful to the developer community for a better future.
Click Here to read all articles on Python
An enthusiastic python based full-stack web-developer and possessing vast knowledge
in python programming language with django,the highly scalable web-framework and good debugging skill in projects as well as possessing knowledge in new technologies like docker ,ngingx, implementing payment gateways and with highly recommended skills which increases productivity of a developer like public-speaking, leadership and teamwork with socializing also like to increase knowledge by solving different python based problems in different online platforms.